Energy & Sustainability Policy
The Board of JobContax is committed to the continuous improvement of energy management throughout the organisation and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions arising from energy consumption.
As part of its environmental strategy in minimising the environmental impact of the organisation as far as is practicable, JobContax will aim to implement energy management measures, which will are at the leading edge of good practice.
JobContax will endeavour to practice responsible energy management throughout all offices and aim to achieve the following objectives:
- To promote energy awareness amongst staff.
- To monitor and report energy performance to interested parties.
- To encourage purchasing decisions to be considerate to energy efficiencies.
- To buy fuels at the most economic cost and to maximise where practicable the use of fuel types which cause least harm to the environment, utilising energy from sustainable sources where practicable.
- To identify and implement energy saving opportunities and practice energy efficiency throughout all premises, where it is cost effective to do so.
JobContax’s strategy is to ensure compliance with ESOS and other relevant legal obligations relating to the use of energy and provide the required resources to implement, maintain and improve its energy management system in line with legal requirements.
The Managing Director has been designated to have overall responsibility for developing an appropriate Energy Management Strategy and to ensure that sufficient resources are available.
The day to day responsibility of managing and implementing the Strategy will be held by the Facilities Manager.
The Managing Director shall ensure that this Energy Policy is reviewed at regular intervals so that it remains fit for purpose and is aligned to the Corporate Social Responsibilities of JobContax.